14th Annual New York Korean Film Festival Lineup Announced
The Korea Society and the Museum of the Moving Image have announced the 14th Annual New York Korean Film Festival full line-up that focuses on family, law school exams, ambitious aristocrats, and secret societies. Seven films will have their US premieres at New York City from November 11 to 13. Train to Busan, a zombie apocalypse film, will be the opening film for this year’s festival. The closing film will be The Age of Shadows, South Korea’s 2016 Oscar submission. All screenings will be held at New York City’s Museum of the Moving Image for its yearly celebration of the best in Korean cinema.
Here are the films that will be screened at the film festival:
- Train to Busan (부산행) – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 7:00 P.M. (Review)
- The Map Against the World (고산자 대동여지도) – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2:00 P.M.
- Phantom Detective (탐정 홍길동: 사라진마을) – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 4:30 P.M.
- Sori: Voice from the Heart (로봇, 소리) – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 7:00 P.M.
- Familyhood (굿바이 싱글) – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2:00 P.M.
- The Queen of Crime (범죄의 여왕) – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 4:30 P.M.
- The Age of Shadows (밀정) – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 7:00 P.M.
The NYKFF tickets are $12. TKS members, MOMI Film Lover and Kids Premium members / free for Silver Screen members and above can purchase the tickets for $7.
For purchasing tickets and more information about the film festival, click here.