Weekly Events: 16 – 22 September
Posted on September 15, 2013
- 18 & 19 September: During the Chuseok Festival, the Chewsock Film Festival will show nine feature films and some short films with English subtitles. This film festival provides entertainment for foreigners during the holidays [Facebook]
- 20 September: If you happen to be in Cambridge, why not attend the Cambridge Film Festival where ‘The Taste of Money‘ will be shown. This film is the first time that is being shown in the UK screenings. [Website] (Note: There is another screening on 23 September)
- 20 – 28 September: The Atlanta 2nd Korean Film Festival is showing a wide range of Korean cinematography, from blockbusters to independent films. [Website]
- 18 September – 5 October: Park Jae Ho, an artist and photographer, will be having his solo exhibition, ‘Obsession‘, at Mokspace. His works focus on questioning identity and repetition. [Website]
- 16 September: During the London Design Festival, Shin Mee Kyoung will be demonstrating how to make vases and vessels with soap. Drop by at the Victoria & Albert Museum. It’s free admission. [Website]
- 18 – 21 September: Korean interior designers and architects will be at the 100% Design trade event. Check out who will be there. Drop by to see their innovative and creative households and furniture designs.
- 5 September – 5 October 2013: Korean Collective exhibition is still going on at the Albemarle Gallery. [Website | Shine Artists]
- 5 September – 29 September 2013: Hong Sung Chul and Park Seung Mo’s group exhibition is held at HADA Contemporary [Website | Facebook]
- 17 September: Eudon Choi’s River Island Designer Forum collection will be at the River Island store at Oxford Street, London for a week. On that day, there will be live DJ music, talks from the buyers, refreshments and giveaways. Everyone is welcomed to come over and check out his latest River Island fashion line. [Website]
- 16 – 19 September: During the London Fashion Week, KCCUK collaborates with British Fashion Council to show ‘Fashion Korea‘. J. JS Lee & Eudon Choi’s latest fashion collection, which was shown on the first day catwalk of London Fashion Week, are shown to the public at the KCCUK. [Website]
- 18 – 20 September: Three days of Chuseok holiday to celebrate good harvest and share feast and joy with friends and family. There will be a lot of performances around Seoul.
(Source: Galbi. Bros Facebook)
- 19 September: The Galbi. Bros will be at the Cannes in a Van Film to serve you some delicious Ramen Burgers and Rice Burgers. What could go wrong in watching films while eating burgers? [Twitter]
- 17 September: ‘Beyond Taegum’ presented by Kim Hye Lim will be held at the Asia House. She will take you on a journey to understand the sounds of taegum, a traditional horizontal bamboo flute. Book your tickets here.