Weekly Events: 20 January – 2 February
Posted on January 19, 2014
One Fine Day film screening and discussion at SOAS, London (Source: Red Carpet Spirit Facebook)
- 24 January: One Fine Day, written and directed by Kim In Guen will be shown at the SOAS Russell Square, London. After the film screening, there will be a film discussion with the director himself. Director Yun Sukho, the director of Four Seasons including Winter Sonata and Autumn in My Heart, will be participating in the film discussion. Further details can be found through the SOAS website. You can also follow the updates from the Red Carpet Spirit Facebook page.
- 22 January – 2 February: App Sapiens, Our Sunhi, Intruders, and Secretly Greatly, are shown at the 43rd International Film Festival Rotterdam. Ticket information and film schedule can be found through here.
- 26 January: Miss Granny will be shown with English subtitles at the Yongsan at 6.20pm
- 29 January – 2 February: The documentary, My Place, will be shown with English subtitles at SangSangmadang (Hongdae St). Screening schedule can be seen through here. Everyday, My Place (4pm) and The Dinner (5.40pm) will be played at the Indiespace.
Kwon Juk Hee’s solo exhibition at October Gallery, London
- 16 January – 17 April 2014: Visit the “imagination & reality“, an collaboration exhibition from CoolRain and Designer Kun at the Klive Gallery, Seoul
- 5 December 2013 – 31 January 2014: A group exhibition, Homo Utopicus, features the works of Min Jungyeon, Jeong Yunkyung, Kim Younghun, Han Jisoc, Park Seungmo and Kim Jiseon at the HADA Contemporary. [Website]
- 5 December – 1 February 2014: Kwon Juk Hee will be presenting her new works through a solo exhibition at the October Gallery, London. [Website]
- 3 – 26 January: The 아트스페이스 아티온 전시안내 is currently held at the ARTION Gallery, Seoul. [Facebook]
Busan BBQ (Source: Busan BBQ Facebook)
- 31 January: On the Korean New Year, Busan BBQ are having a pop-up dinner at the Tooting Market, London. You will not only having delicious food but you will also listen to live music, having drinks at the Korean bar, playing games, and enjoying live mix of old school Korean hip hop by DJ Joonki. Tickets can be purchased through here.
Ultimate K-Party Showcase in Singapore (Source: Crispi Crunch Facebook)
- 24 January: Crispi Crunch, Rex. D, and J’Kyun are going to perform at the Ultimate K-Party Showcase in Singapore at 7pm. [Event Details]
- 24 January: Belly Dancers Eshe & Navah from Shake Shop will be performing together with Love X Stereo, RUX, and Kwon Milk & The Greatest Voyage at Club Freebird, Hongdae, Seoul. [Facebook Event]
- 25 January: Broken Valentine, Space Papa, and We Are The Night will be performing at Be An Artist which is held at the GOGOS 2, Seoul. The performance start at 9.10pm and the ticket price is 15,000 won. Minors are allowed.
- 2 February: Dynamic Duo, Goonam, The Ratios, and VIXX will be performing at the MIDEM Festival 2014, Palais de Festival, Cannes, France. MIDEM Festival is a music business platform where international music industries professionals gather to “source, sell and sign new music, digital solutions, and innovative ideas”. (Source: MIDEM official website) [MIDEM website]
- 22 & 29 January: Various Korean indie artists and bands will be performing at the EBS Space. Find more details about who will be performing through the Facebook page.
- Till 2 April 2014: Korean indie musicans and bands are currently performing for the Label Market at the 2nd floor of Sangsang Madang. Performances start at 7.30pm. Admission is free. [Website]
Hahoe Dance Mask Drama at Andong Hahoe Village (Source: Korea Tourism Organisation Facebook)
- Till February: Every weekend, between 2 to 3 pm, the Hahoe Dance Mask Drama is staged at the Andong Hahoe Village. More details can be found through here.
- 25 January: The 10 Magazine Book Club will be having their very first meeting of 2014. The special guest is Kim Seong Kon who was appointed as the President of Literature Translation Institute of Korea in 2012. He is currently working as a columnist for The Korea Herald. There will be an interview with him follow by a Q&A session. [Facebook Event]
- 13 December – 2 February 2014: There is another light festival at the Boseong Green Tea Plantation Light Festival. [Website]
- 30 November – 14 February 2014: Thousands of mountain trout lanterns are on display at the Hwacheon’s Seondeung Festival [Website]
- 3 January – 16 February: Have a great shopping experiences at the Korea Grand Sale 2014. [Website]
Tags : Events,February,January