Weekly Events: 9 – 22 December
Posted on December 8, 2013
- 12 December: The film screening for The Berlin File will be shown at the KCCUK, 7pm.
- 14 December: A mini Korean film festival will take place at Canberra, Australia. This includes film screenings and a Korean Food Festival at the Australia National University [Website | Facebook Post by KOFFIA]
- 18 December: The film screening for The Terror Live will be shown at the BAFTA which is near the Piccadilly Circus. This is followed by a Q&A session with actor Ha Jung Woo.
- Until 15 December: During the Paper and Pencil Drawn Animation exhibition, the Korean animation, Green Days: Dinosaur & I will be screened at the Korean Film Archive Museuem’s cinematheque on Saturdays at 2pm. [Source: Blouin Art Info]
- 12 December: In Love December category, Kiss Me Kill Me (2009) will be shown at the Cinema on the Park, Sydney followed by It’s Your Variety Show Party (5pm).
- 19 December: After that, the Cinema on the Park, Sydney will be showing All About My Wife (2012) and celebrate Christmas with by having a Sweet Christmas Party (5pm).
- 12 – 15 December: The Local Foreigners’ Story: Souvenirs from Seoul looks into the foreign perspectives from both Seoul and London while sharing the stories of individuals and their unique connections with South Korea’s capital city. [Website | Facebook event]
- 7 – 14 December: Choi Eun Sook and Oh Hyun Hwa are currently in a group exhibition, Slice, which is held at the Hanmi Gallery, London [Website]
- 16 – 29 December: A group exhibition, 서촌의 별을 헤다, will be featured at the ARTION, Seoul. 16 artists’ works are based on Korean poems.
- 19 – 22 December: The Craft Trend Fair will be held at the COEX Hall, Seoul. [Website]
- 12 November 2013 – 18 January 2014: Shin Mee Kyoung, will be having her solo exhibition, Unfixed, at the KCCUK.
- 14 November – 15 December: Both Kim Shin Wook and Kim Tae Dong will be showing a group exhibition, Night Break, at MOKSPACE, London.
- 5 December 2013 – 31 January 2014: A group exhibition, Homo Utopicus, features the works of Min Jungyeon, Jeong Yunkyung, Kim Younghun, Han Jisoc, Park Seungmo and Kim Jiseon at the HADA Contemporary. [Website]
- 5 December – 1 February 2014: Kwon Juk Hee will be presenting her new works through a solo exhibition at the October Gallery, London. [Website]
- Until 15 December: The Paper and Pencil Drawn Animation exhibition is shown at the Korean Film Archive Museum. [Source: Blouin Art Info]
- 13 December: The bands from Gogol Records, which has Apollo 18, Romantiqua, Modsdive, Juck Juck Grunzie, Yang Chang Keun, and Hollow Jan, will be having their first label party at the FF, Seoul. The party starts at 8pm.
- 19 – 22 December: Yi Sung Yol will be having his live gig concert at Veloso, Hongdae
- 20 – 21 December: Urban Zakapa will be having a live gig concert at Uniqlo AX, Seoul
- 21 December: Lots of hip hop artists will be performing at the One Nation Vol. 2 in Incheon
- Lots of Korean indie bands are performing around Hongdae. You can find out more information through the Korea Gig Guide.
- 9 – 13 December: The Galbi Bros. will be at the Devonshire Square which is near Liverpool Street. Head over there for lunch and try the Imperial Admiral Yi burger.
- 9 December: The EAHRNK will be holding an online discussion forum about International Efforts to Improve North Korean Human Rights at 7pm (GMT). You can listen to it through here.
- 18 December: Also, the EAHRNK will be releasing their first policy paper, An Unmet Need: a proposal for the BBC to broadcast a World Service in the Korean language. You can register your attendance by email: [email protected] [Facebook Event]
- 13 December – 2 February 2014: There is another light festival at the Boseong Green Tea Plantation Light Festival. [Website]
- 30 November – 14 February 2014: Thousands of mountain trout lanterns are on display at the Hwacheon’s Seondeung Festival [Website]