Weekly Events: 17 February – 2 March
Posted on February 17, 2014
- 22 February: A free screening of the film adaptation of “The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly” is at 11am at Haechi Hall. [Facebook Event]
- 27 February: Park Hoon Jung’s “The Unjust” will be screened at the KCCUK. Free seating are available. Booking is essential.
- 14 – 18 February: Few more days till the London Fashion Week is over. Don’t forget to visit J. JS Lee, Rejina Pyo, and Heohwan Simulation fashion collection at the showrooms in Somerset House. [Website]
- 4 February – 2 March: Drop by at the KCCUK to see the K-Fashion Odyssey exhibition which consists of works by young Korean fashion designers.
- 13 February – 1 March: Heeseon Byun features her abstract portraits of everyday life, Shorthand, at the MOKSPACE, London. [Website]
- 19 February – 9 March: Art Edition will be heading down to Hong Kong to feature the young artists at the Harbour City Gateway Corridor. [Facebook]
- 21 February: Learn about 17th century paintings at the Wallace Collection. This event is held by Heeseon Byun. [Facebook Event]
- 21 February – 22 March: Drop by at the gallery in 43, Inverness Street, London to see HaYoung Kim’s second solo presentation playful artworks of soft materials like food, furnishing, body parts, and others. [Website]
- 24 February – 9 March: Dari Bae participates in the group exhibition, Are You OK? at the Hanmi Gallery. [Website]
- 27 February – 2 March: A group of 40 artists, Sasapari (4482), will be showcasing the 6th exhibition of the Korean contemporary art at the Bargehouse, OXO Tower Wharf, London [Website]
- 28 February: Learn how to do charcoal drawing which is organized by Heeseon Byun. [Facebook Event]
- 28 February – 2 March: As part of the Art14 London, Yingmei Duan, Junebum Park and Sungfeel Yun presents a group exhibition, Set in Motion, at the Olympia Grand Hall, London. [Facebook Event] There are plenty of Korean art exhibitors that are going to be there for Art14 London. [Website]
- 12 – 18 February: Don’t forget to visit the group exhibition, Facing Up to Dream, at Ilho Gallery, Seoul before it ends. Find out more details and directions to the gallery through here.
- 6 – 23 February: A group photographic works, by Je Baak and Ahn Jinkyun, is held at the HADA Contemporary, London. [Information]
- 8 February – 2 March: Lim Jeong Ah’s solo exhibition, Ordinary Person, presents splashes of colourful paints on portraits at the ARTION, Seoul. [Facebook]
- 16 January – 17 April 2014: Visit the “imagination & reality“, an collaboration exhibition from CoolRain and Designer Kun at the Klive Gallery, Seoul
- Till 23 March: Artworks by 50 artists will be displayed during the #2_NEW SCENES at the Seoul Museum of Art [Website]
- 24 February: Hugh Keice (Interview) and Peterpan Complex (Interview) will be performing at The Islington, London. More information can be found through here.
- 27 February: Also, they will be performing at the AAA, London. More information can be found through here.
- 28 February – 9 March: Happy Robot Records presents “Live Icon 5“. [Website]
- 19 & 26 February: More live Korean indie performances at the 공감하고 싶어요 [Facebook Page]
- Till 2 April 2014: Korean indie musicans and bands are currently performing for the Label Market at the 2nd floor of Sangsang Madang. Performances start at 7.30pm. Admission is free. [Website]
- 22 February: Author and novelist, Hwang Sun-Mi, will be the guest for the monthly 10 Magazine Book Club where she will talk about her career including the book, “The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly”.
- 26 February: At KCCUK, during the Korean Literature Night, attendees will discussed about Shin Kyung-Sook’s “Please Look After Mother”.
- 24 February – 31 March: The courses about Korean art, from neolithif to present, will be held at the V&A Museum, London. The programme can be found through here.